Total Pageviews

Monday, March 7, 2011

A Little "Girl Time"

My daughter moved to Vancouver last August to go to school.
I would describe her as "passionate; creative; driven; independent; smart" but still my little girl!  i do not get to spend as much time with her as I would like and when she does come home everyone wants to see her.  So today we got to have our time which was so very nice!  Lunch at Brava Bistro on 17th Ave, pedicures then found a great black dress at Crabapple at 80% off.  (we bought the same dress, different sizes of course).
it was so wonderful to spend time with my gal and see how her life is changing and she is growing, things she is experiencing (good and bad) and her future plans.  Sometimes I see myself in her and other times I wonder wow who is this young woman and what will she be at 25 years young?
In these past few months I have learned some things about myself.  When we moved her to Vancouver i thought my heart was breaking only to discover it is okay.  My daughter will be okay, my husband and I have done the best we could and have instilled good morals and life lessons.  She is a young woman on her own journey.   She knows we are always there for her because family is important.
I have not written about my son....... that is another story.  I am blessed to have a wonderful family.

1 comment:

  1. You are both lucky to have such a great relationship...sounds like you had a great day together!

    ReplyDelete